- This event has passed.
Outside the Autism Matrix – and what we found there
July 28, 2018 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$25.00
An All Natural Advantage Workshop
Helping Children Achieve Their Full Potential
This is an introductory workshop presented by John Pietryka, medical scientist, naturopath and father to an ASD child. John has been researching the science of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) for over 25 years.
This workshop is specifically to introduce parents, carers, teachers, and other professionals to over 25 years of research into what we know about this complex disorder and how to treat it.
Parents want to do the best for their child and go looking for advice on how to achieve an optimal outcome for them. What they find is confusing and contradictory information, unaware that there is so much that can be, and should be done to help their child.
The workshop presents parents with an introduction to the latest research into this complex disorder. Armed with this information, parents will be able to make informed decisions for their children’s ongoing treatment. The aim is to provide these children, the most vulnerable individuals in our community, with the best medical care possible.
This workshop will challenge the current recommendations on how autism is treated in Australia.
John presents the latest research in a thought provoking presentation overlayed with years of personal experience, helping his child achieve independence, as well as clinical experience treating ASD children in his practice.
What will be covered in this presentation?
- John’s personal journey on how he decided to take control and search for answers amid research studies, parent online forums and autism websites, to achieve the best possible outcome for his son
- Why some parents look beyond current recommendations, and seek advice elsewhere
- What treatment recommendations for ASD children, considered “best practice” in other countries have not been implemented into clinical practice in Australia
- Why ASD children are not given the highest standard of care possible
- Evidence based medicine vs Practice based medicine treatments -what is the difference and why we need to implement both to produce optimal outcomes for ASD children
- Autism is not a disease – stop looking for a cure, find the cause
- Autism does not exist by itself -there are many autisms
- There is a high incidence of co-occurring medical and behavioural conditions associated with ASD – Autism Plus
- The current model is not working – a very high proportion of ASD adults (97%) have been described as not “aging well”
- What needs to change to produce better outcomes to the most vulnerable individuals in our community
Who Should Attend This Workshop?
- New parents with children that have a ASD diagnosis, ADHD, mood disorders or other disability, and are looking for advice
- Any parent interested in the latest research, and how it can be translated clinically to achieve an optimal outcome for their child
- Teachers and any professionals that would like a better understanding of current research and the rationale for why parents are using diet and supplements for their children
Join John and be inspired, by his journey. Let him take you on your own journey to help your child.
There is so much that can be done to improve your child’s quality of life and ultimately help them achieve their full potential in life.
Teachers, carers, and other support workers, you are also in a unique position to identify co-occurring medical and behavioural issues in these children, that can be treated effectively. Improving their mood, ability to learn and ultimately their quality of life.
Organiser of Outside the Autism Matrix – and what we found there
John Pietryka is a naturopath, medical scientist and father to an ASD child. It has been well over 25 years since his child was diagnosed as autistic.
Faced with a lack of advice from medical professionals apart from early intervention and medication, John used his skills as a medical scientist to embark on his own search for answers to help his child.
That journey has taken him and his child out of what he calls “The Autism Matrix” into a vastly different world.
A world that recognises that autism does not exist solely by itself. It exists as a highly complex disorder and requires every child to be treated individually for them to achieve their full potential in life.
His child has grown into an independent adult, but John continues to delve into the ever increasing volume of research into ASD.
John is passionate about his continued interest and research into ASD, and feels the time has come to dispel many myths and correct much of the misinformation that parents are given when seeking advice for their ASD child.